Exhibition “St. George the Zograf Monastery at Mount Athos through the Centuries"

zograf-1.jpgThe exhibition “St. George the Zograf Monastery at Mount Athos through the Centuries", dedicated to the literary affluence of the “St. George the Zograf Monastery” held at the University Library exhibition hall had been inaugurated by the Director of the University Library Associate Professor Anna Angelova, PhD. Ms Angelova emphasized the importance of the monastery as an exclusive spiritual center of the Bulgarian culture and literature and she underlined the monastery’s continued efforts to preserve our literary cultural monuments.

Associate Professor Anna Angelova presented the monastery’s digital collection of manuscripts developed in close collaboration with the Zograf Monastery, and now part of the University Library collections. She emphasized the long-standing relationship with the monastery, which started far back at 1900, when the first library Director Stoyan Argirov visited the monasteries of Aton. 
Father Athanasius, the Librarian of “St. George the Zograf Monastery” described the exhibition objective - visitors to be acquainted with the monastery history and observe copies half-facsimiles of some of the most valuable books from the monastery‘s collections: Evtimiev sluzhebnik, Diploma to Stefan III, donor to the Zograf Monastery, Four Gospel of the middle of the fourteenth century, Sluzheben minei for the month of September, from the seventeenth century (written between 1638 and 1642), Radomir Psalter from the Second Half of the 13th Century, etc. 
The exhibition opening concluded with a performance by the choir at the National High School of Ancient Languages and Cultures "St. Constantine Cyril-Philosopher.” 
The exhibition will remain on display at the University Library exhibition hall until November 25, 2019, and after that date it will become a part of the permanent exhibition of the Zograf Monastery Museum.

Университетска библиотека "Св. Климент Охридски" 2014